Thursday, June 23, 2011

Welcome Week 2011 Poster

This is the second time I was able to do some hand lettering for a Graduate College project. Last year I was able to do so for the first time, for the same event. I think I will make it a regular thing for this event. It allows me to get away from the computer for a while and practice some lettering.


The one below was done for a small ad that we will be placing in the Sower Magazine that will be published in July. I took a photo of the water color lettering that I had pinned up on my bulletin board at work, and with my iphone, no less! I think it looks pretty cool for an iphone shot.


Most of the process went pretty smoothly, but here are a few shots of the process where I am working on color and playing with the scripted "Welcome" lettering. (The first two are pretty horrendous, but oh well)








No comments: