Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mira Sol Creative Logo | Part IV




I think I finally decided on a logo design. I'm going with the pinwheel design for two main reasons: 1) It is easier to paint because of the solid colors and shapes than the intertwining lines creating a geometric looking circular shape thing that I originally wanted 2) A couple of weekends ago, I saw a logo on a cyclist's jersey that was almost identical (but better) to the intertwining lines, geometric looking circular shape thing that I originally wanted.

However, by suggestion of a dear friend, I decided to tweak the colors from the original pastel colors to something more sunny and warm and I think it works a lot better. I also decided to create a stand alone logo, separate from the wordmark version because I like the way it looks alone. I actually ordered a rubber stamp yesterday of one of the black and white designs pictured above, so that should be cool.

Now to put the logo to work....I'd like a new website to go along with it, but while I'm saving the pennies for that, I'll use it for business cards, social media, etc. And one fine day, I'll paint it on my shop wall, window, and sign. *sigh* 


If you are interested in the design process of the logo, check out Part I, II, & III via the links below:

Mira Sol Creative Logo | Part I
Mira Sol Creative Logo | Part II
Mira Sol Creative Logo | Part III

No comments: